Sustainability Starts With A Switch.
Not just the changing of light bulbs but a fundamental shift in our stewardship of the Earth’s resources – and how we regard our obligation to all life on the planet now and for future generations.
We recognize the need to be responsible stewards of the environment, and we embrace our role enthusiastically. That’s why we developed our Environmental Stewardship Program. It’s a comprehensive, dynamic initiative that will evolve and improve over time. It is designed to work for everyone in the Dee Paper Box community — our clients, our employees, our manufacturing plant, our office, and our local communities.
Some of the highlights of our Environmental Stewardship Program are:
- Reduction in energy of more than 20% by installing energy efficient lighting, AC and appliances
- Expanded recycling initiatives to include plastic, wood and paper products
- Elimination / reduction of materials & chemicals once used in production process by installing state of the art technology.
- Reduction of landfill deposits by overall recycling initiatives.
What’s been the impact of our program so far?
In the past 12 months, our lean manufacturing initiative resulted in approximately 1,383 recycled tons of paper. This translates to saving the planet approximately:
- 83,000,000 – Gallons of Water
- 23,511 – Trees
- 4,564 – Cubic yards of landfill space.
We support sustainable chain of custody protocols and are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) to supply products manufactured using responsible forestry practices.
We are also SFI® Certified (Sustainable Forestry Initiative®), which means that our customers can be confident that our materials are from sustainably managed sources — certified forests or other certified sourcing.